This medium Esthetic Ant’s nest is made of ytong, and is enclosed in a red 3D-printed container with an acrylic lid. Ytong is a type of aerated concrete block that is a lightweight material made from cement, lime, and silica sand, with small air pockets throughout. The air pockets make the material lightweight, while also providing insulation.
Nest details and specifications
- Either 10mm or 5mm deep (Photos are 10mm deep)
- Nest dimensions: 4.17″ x 4.76″ x 1.10″ (108 x 63 x 28 mm)
- Chambers are either 10mm or 5mm deep (photos are 10mm deep)
- The ytong block holds moisture that can be added via the water port at the side of the formicarium.
- Escape proof mesh embedded into the frame.
- Clearview acrylic held down with screws (can be easily removed if needed). We don’t recommend removing all the screws.
- 10 mm and 15 mm access port for easy connection.
- Nest can be used both vertically and horizontally by rotating the water port
Add 3 ml of water every 4 to 6 days.
HOW MANY ANTS FIT INSIDE
Small species like Lasius niger 200-750 workers
Species like Camponotus 150-750 workers
Be the first to review “Esthetic Ants Medium Ytong Nest”