This tiny Esthetic Ant’s nest is made of ytong, and is enclosed in a red 3D-printed container with an acrylic lid. Ytong is a type of aerated concrete block that is a lightweight material made from cement, lime, and silica sand, with small air pockets throughout. The air pockets make the material lightweight, while also providing insulation.
Nest details and specifications
- The nest dimensions are 4.3″ x 0.91″ x 1.1″ (108 mm x 23 mm x 28 mm)
- 10mm deep
- Ytong block holds moisture that can be added via water port at the side of the formicarium.
- Escape proof mesh embeded into the frame.
- Clearview acrylic held down with screws (can be easily removed if needed). We don’t recommend removing all the screws.
- 10 mm and 15 mm access port for easy connection.
- Nest can be used both vertically and horizontally by rotating the water port.
Add 2 ml of water every 4 to 6 days by using the included syringe (see photo).
HOW MANY ANTS FIT INSIDE
Small species like Lasius niger 100 workers
Species like Camponotus 50 workers
Note: we do not recommend this nest for tiny species like Solenopsis xyloni.
Be the first to review “Esthetic Ants Tiny Ytong Nest”